Thursday, April 21, 2011

Happy Easter

In the kitchen - for Easter, we made sugar cookies and iced them, with a cookie recipe and icing technique as taught by http://sweetopia.net/.



The only changes made were that:

  • For our royal icing I used 2 egg whites mixed with ~400g of icing sugar to get the appropriate consistency - This would change though on the size of the eggs you use, so it is worth reading her blog on the 10 second consistency check for icing to get it right...  When I needed to make the icing more runny, I just added some water.
  • For piping the icing, I use oven bags with a tiny cut made in the corner to squeeze the icing out - cheaper and easier to find at the shops than traditional icing bags.


The sugar cookie recipe is super super sweet, even by my sweet tooth standards - next year I'll convert back to making gingerbread cookies, but will ice them this way again...  Happy Easter!

2 comments: